Members of the Academic-Zone team will be attending the 2013 LSAC National Conference. This year’s event runs from May 22 to 24 at Kwantlen Polytechnic University (Richmond Campus). The conference theme is The New Face of Learning: Transforming Lives. Lives are transformed through learning in many different ways, the conference looks to capture a variety of the different techniques used to bring this theme to life. The conference schedule is packed with a variety of interesting workshops, tech-talk presentations, poster sessions, and keynote speakers; all illustrating different ways to transform lives through learning.
“Transforming lives is incremental, not climactic. It begins and is propelled by all members of the learning community striving towards common goals, while working with diverse, creative, critical and reflective students.”
Academic-Zone will be leading two presentations during the conference. Margaret Groombridge, Assistant Manager Learning Services and Sue Guenther, Senior Learning Skills Instructor, will be leading a Tech-Talk Presentation discussing Learning Skills Technology to Create Strong Learning Partnerships. Paul Hacking, Sales Specialist/ Customer Service Administrator will be complementing the tech-talk with a webinar presentation to demonstrate the Academic-Zone modules and further discuss the benefits of implementing online educational resources into the classroom.
- Preconference workshops for focused and extensive attention to specific topics of interest for learning strategies
- A conference structure designed to facilitate networking with educators from around the world through colleague clusters, special interest group sessions, roundtable discussions, and social events
- Featured session with representatives from around the globe
- Opportunities to learn about the varied cultures of worldwide higher education
- Commercial and nonprofit exhibitors whose products and services support student success
If you would like more information on the date and time of the Academic-Zone presentations, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.