Two members of the Academic-Zone team are attending Pearson Education’s College and Career Readiness Solutions event which will take place at the Estates of Sunnybrook in Toronto on Friday, May 3rd.
The keynote will be delivered by Laurel Schollen, Associate Vice President Academic-Educational Excellence from Seneca College. Laurel will discuss two projects, the College Math Project and College Student Achievement Project, that are designed to promote student success.
Scott McDaniel of Middle Tennessee State University will be presenting a session on Course Redesign. Scott will discuss the flipped classroom experience, including strategies to encourage students to engage with course content before class.
For more information including the complete agenda and information on the speakers please visit: http://www.pearsoncanada.ca/highered/events/pearson-college-and-career-readiness-solutions-2013
Posted in Academic-Zone Team, Innovation in Education
Tagged Academic-Zone, College, college readiness, Conference, course redesign, Education, event, flipped classroom, higher education, Math, may, Middle Tennessee State University, pearson, pearson education, Seneca College, strategies, student success, Toronto, University
Two members of the Academic-Zone team will be attending the Symposium on Learning Outcomes Assessment: Practically Speaking on April 22 & 23, at the Delta Chelsea Hotel in Toronto, Ontario. The symposium gathers post-secondary instructors and educational developers from across Canada to share their experiences and expertise on the assessment of learning outcomes.
The symposium is sponsored by:
- Council of Ontario Universities
- Ontario College Quality Assurance Service
- Ontario Council on Articulation and Transfer
- Ontario Universities Council on Quality Assurance
- Canadian Publishers’ Council
The event will include numerous interactive and in-depth concurrent workshops and visual poster sessions focused on examining the learning outcomes assessment process.
Click here for more on the Council of Ontario Universities and the event
Click here to find out more about the event
Click here for the program schedule
Posted in Academic-Zone Team
Tagged Academic-Zone, april, assessment, canada, Canadian Publishers' Council, College, Council of Ontario Universities, Education, event, Innovation in Education, learning outcome assessment, learning outcomes, ontario, Ontario College Quality Assurance Service, Ontario Council on Articulation and Transfer, Ontario Universities Council on Quality Assurance, Post-Secondary, symposium, Team, Toronto, universities, University, workshops
Members of the Academic-Zone team will be attending the 3rd Annual Education Technology Strategies for K-12 Schools, Colleges, and Universities Summit on Tuesday February 26th and Wednesday February 27th 2013. The Education Technology Summit is “an exclusive forum that provides knowledge and insights for education technology professionals and educators on strategies to build 21st Century schools. Attendees will walk away with the tools they need to redefine the education and learning paradigms of their institution.” The conference is organized by Strategy Institute. Strategy Institute has been a facilitator of information sharing for over 15 years. They provide education decision-makers with the knowledge and tools they need to cultivate an engaged and creative learning environment for all Canadians.
This year’s agenda has a bountiful list of education leaders from across North America that will be speaking on education technology throughout the two day event. The main topics of discussion for this year’s conference are listed below.
Source 12 strategies to enhance teaching and learning:
- Redefine outdated teaching models to enhance personalized learning
- Bridge the transition gap to post-secondary education
- Embrace BYOD and build it into your curriculum to enable new learning opportunities
- Get a handle on your performance measurements through data analytics
- Improve learning outcomes through the integration of emerging technologies
- Secure faculty buy-in with effective professional development tactics
- Leverage the interactive value of social media to create a connected classroom
- Enable peer-learning and class-collaboration time with flipped classrooms
- Source scalable and cost-effective solutions to your education technology deployments
- Innovate how you teach and engage students with game-based learning methodologies
- Support new learning environments for your students with MOOCs
- Make the case to fund your technology deployment projects under tight budgets
Click on the following link for more information:
Education Technology Summit Website
Education Technology Summit Online Brochure
Strategy Institute Website
February 21, 2013 in Academic-Zone Team, Innovation in Education
Tagged Academic-Zone, College, Conference, Education, Education Technology Summit, High School, Innovation in Education, Post-Secondary, Secondary, Technology, Toronto, University